We are a family of five, with three boys age 7, 11, 14, and a yellow lab named Copper. In 2003 and 2007, we built our first two houses with standard home builders. Then, in 2009, we lived through the nightmare of realizing that our house had chinese drywall and had not been safe for our family. It was a sulphur gas chamber! With limited funds, in 2012, we pulled permits and swam our way through the muddy waters of taking the house down to cinder block and stud and then rebuilding. From there, we have been led to this place in life, where we are acting as the general contractor (called owner-builder). Two reasons: (1.) It’s very important that we are able to choose products for our home which are healthier options, and (2.) It’s a lot more cost effective.
Contact us at GC@landtohome.net
The above paragraph and picture was posted February 2018. We had no idea we were living in a rental house with mold and mold toxicity would enter our vocabulary. We had no idea our tightly built house would not be properly ventilated by the hvac company, and a there would be a build-up of carbon dioxide (co2). Fast forward to this update (January 2021)…we have had an extraordinary journey of three challenging houses and are thankful for our modern farmhouse to now truly be our healthy home.